* LED Type: 150xSMD5050 RGB
* Input Voltage: 12VDC
* Power: 36W
* Length: 5m (16.4ft)
Wiring * Unroll LED strip completely.
* Any exposed wires on the other end of the LED strip must not touch one another (or any metal object), creating a short.
* Connect the 4-pin connector of controller to that of the LED strip, making sure that the arrows line up.
* Connect 5mm DC jack of power supply to controller.
* Remove the plastic seal in the battery compartment of the wireless remote.
* Double check that all connections are correct and secure, then plug in power cord.
Note * Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
* Although the LED strip comes with adhesive on the back, silicone is difficult to stick to, therefore use of additional mounting hardware recommended.
* Only the LED strip is waterproof; all wires/connections and other components must be protected from the elements.
* While the included controller can handle the power requirement of two such strips, the power supply only has the capacity to drive a single strip.
* Do not lengthen the LED strip by directly connecting an additional section to it.
* Test all components before permanent installation.
* Make sure that wires at the other end of the LED strip are not touching one another (or any metal object), which would create a short circuit.
* The LED strip is cuttable every 3 LEDs, approx. every 4", at the designated cut marks.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I just recieved my LED cable and controller. Had it running in about two mintues and learned the control pad in about another 3. This strip of LED lighting is wonderful. Easy to connect and intuitive. 1-Wall power cord into transformer, 2-tranformer plugs into little white remote control device with an infra red reciever "eye" on a wire and a micro four prong plug which then 4-plugs into the LED strip.
The colors are vivid and bright, you can 'make' any color you want and save it to 1 of 6 custom color buttons on the RC unit by adjusting any of the 3 LEDS that make up EACH LED light unit, ie if you add red and blue, and no green-you get magenta-any magenta you like, more blue more red etc , add green and blue but no red, you get teal. Choose red and lower the intensity, you get orange or yellow or very warm 'white'. You can chose R-B- or G ann then tint/blend each with an up down arrow -each designated for each color type each; you can have the strip strobe (sorta...
I got what was pictured, adapter, cord, controller, remote and spool of lights. the strip seems fine, however, it was wired up incorrectly, looking at the other reviews, it looks like the people soldering on the pigtail to the light strip connect the colors at random, someone else said his red and green were reversed, mine, the blue and green were switched.
if you're good with a soldering iron, it's not a big deal, but it does show a lack of concern with quality control.
so far, after rewiring things, it's been ok. (only had it a week).
I'd recommend a different supplier.
Purchased to add to my Christmas display and outdo my neighbor, or as I call it, "The Game Changer". Item arrived with all parts intact. The instructions are not really instructions, more like an inventory of what's there and what it does - but not how to use it.
Assembly was pretty obvious, although it took a minute to figure out what that white lead with the black cap was. Come to find out that is the antenna for the remote. Using the remote it came right on. The instructions do have a diagram of what the buttons are on the remote, but again, not how to use them. The grammar is poor so I'm assuming it's from China.
The LED ribbon is inside a long rectangle rubber tube, and you could probably pull it out if you wanted. It makes the strip waterproof, but the ends are not completely sealed and would require careful placement. I was thinking of placing this out in the yard, but decided not to after examing the ends.
The authorised South African distributor of this product is under no obligation to honour the manufacture's guarantees/warranties or to provide after-sales service.
Please note that this item is imported from the USA. If the unit is powered, it will come with a US plug and an adapter/converter may be required. Providing the item lists as 110-240v compatible (most are), universal adapters can be used and can be purchase from us here for only R39.00. If it lists as only 110v compatible, you would need a voltage converter which can be purchased from here starting from R99.00 for smaller devices. For bigger devices, please check the WATT requirements for the device. Bigger transformers can be found here. Please check the description/manufacturers website for the required voltages.
Please also note that certain items cannot be imported, these include Alcohol, Animals, Flammable Materials, Currency, Food, Furs, Chemicals, Explosives, Medications, Plants, Seeds, Supplements, Pressurized Cans, Tactical Equipment, Vitamins, Weaponry and Weaponry Accessories. In these cases, the item and information is displayed for reference purposes only. If you are not sure if we are permitted to bring an item, please send us an e-mail with a link to the item to confirm.
Please also ensure that you are ordering the correct item for your particular application as returns to the USA are costly. Product reviews are also provided for most of our items, which can give you a good idea for possible things to look out for and the quality of the item. By clicking Add to Cart, you are confirming that the item is correct and you accept the conditions listed here.