LiveZilla Live Chat Software
Register/Login Login Contact UsContacts BlogBlog
Cart Items : 0 | Cart Total : R0
USA Categories
Site Security
Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths > 042513301X
  1. A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Mystery)
    A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Mystery)
    A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Mystery)
    A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Mystery)
    Image(s) provided for illustrative purposes and may differ from the actual product
  2. A Cold Day for Murder (Kate Shugak Mystery)

    Delivery: 10-20 Working Days
    Customer Ratings (1,196 reviews)
    Price R302.00

Additional Information

Kate Shugak returns to her roots in the far Alaskan north, after leaving the Anchorage D.A.'s office. Her deductive powers are definitely needed when a ranger disappears. Looking for clues among the Aleutian pipeliners, she begins to realize the fine line between lies and loyalties--between justice served and cold murder.

Similar Products

Restless in the Grave (Kate Shugak Mysteries)Bad Blood (Kate Shugak Novels)A Fatal Thaw (A Kate Shugak Mystery)The Singing of the Dead (Kate Shugak Novels)Whisper to the Blood: A Kate Shugak Novel (Kate Shugak Novels)A Deeper Sleep: A Kate Shugak Novel (Kate Shugak Novels)Though Not Dead

Dana Stabenow
Mass Market Paperback
Great product!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews

This book was so boring! I only finished it because I was hopeful that the story-line would eventually pick up and get more interesting. I read the book on the recommendation of one of my favorite authors, Diana Gabaldon (Outlander series), and am sorry to say I was sorely disappointed. I felt no depth or connection with the characters. In fact, I had a hard time keeping track of who was who, who was related to whom, and what significance they played in the story. I was shocked to reach the end and say out loud "Really, that's it? What's was the point of all that?" Sorry, but I don't see how this book got such high ratings.
This really should have just been a 20 page short story. About 5% of the book was devoted to solving the mystery. The other 95% of the book was devoted to grossly over detailed descriptions of houses, people, snow etc. If you are interested in the details of what snow looks like, or what is in the kitchen cabinets of the characters or how the Aleut's live, then this is the book for you. If you are looking for a good mystery, look elsewhere.
Loving Alaska history, Aleut Culture, suspense, murder, a smidgen of romance all weaved into a perfect beginning to a great series about a very courageous, intelligent, determined, driven woman born into an Aleut culture that brings pioneer living and all of its challenges to a boiling point.

Almost two years ago, the very beautiful, skilled, intelligent, accomplished full blooded Aleut Kate Shugak resigned her position as a detective for the Anchorage District Attorney's. Her four years as one of the most successful sex crimes investigators came to screeching halt.

After a life and death traumatic situation, Kate heads to her refuge on her father's primitive homestead cabin in the Alaskian Bush located in a national park in the interior of Alaska. She is soon surrounded by her "village" of family & friends that are "blood" bound to help her heal. She is one of the descendants of a very powerful family lineage that she has deliberately ignored for 8 years but... Read more
Please Note

The authorised South African distributor of this product is under no obligation to honour the manufacture's guarantees/warranties or to provide after-sales service.

Please note that this item is imported from the USA, and is designed to be used in the USA. In addition, if the unit is powered it will come with a US plug and an adapter/transformer may be required. Please click here for more information on power requirements, or check with us if you are unsure or need any assistance!

Please also note that certain items cannot be imported, these include Alcohol, Animals, Batteries, Flammable Materials, Currency, Food, Furs, Chemicals, Explosives, Medications, Plants, Seeds, Supplements, Pressurized Cans, Tactical Equipment, Vitamins, Weaponry and Weaponry Accessories. In these cases, the item and information is displayed for reference purposes only. If you are not sure if we are permitted to bring an item, please send us an e-mail with a link to the item to confirm.

Please also ensure that you are ordering the correct item for your particular application as returns to the USA are costly. Product reviews are also provided for most of our items, which can give you a good idea for possible things to look out for and the quality of the item. By clicking Add to Cart, you are confirming that the item is correct and you accept the conditions listed here.