This item may be available in a different size, colour, scent, version or platform. Click below to be directed to product options:
Soft, durable construction with GEL
Becomes tacky when wet for better grip
Highly fade and water resistant
Soft durable construction. Becomes tacky when wet. Fade and water resistant. UV protected color.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Ever go to re-tape a handlebar and you just totally mess it up? I have. I admit it. Then you need to buy more handlebar tape - and do it right the second time. This stuff is VERY FORGIVING. You can bend it - stretch it - pull on it...if you goof up, simply unwind a little & start again. Just remember to wrap the left side bar clockwise starting at the bottom & working up. The right side bar - just the opposite. Start at the bottom & wrap counter-clockwise.
Very comfy also. Good stuff!
Update 6/27/12 - Still using the same set I installed 3 years ago! ---------------------- I'm a road biker of 25 years, this is the best tape I have ever used, far better than the Bontrager tape that came with my bike. Looks good, great cushion, goes on well with plenty of length. I have only had it on a couple of months but it feels like it will last a long time.
So this stuff.... man this stuff. I ordered this for my Felt thinking, 'Ok, people like the feel of the material and it is comfortable... I'll get it just because it is cheap and looks good, shop charges too much. Here's hoping for the best.' BOOM. I get it. First thing i notice, it is about 99.5% black (ordered the black one), the other 0.5% is raw brown speckles of cork. I like it because it is unique and is noticeable like... freckles. It appears all solid color till you get close, gives it some hidden character. So i feel it from inside the box, felt thin and spongy. Ok. So i wrap it following the instructions on the back just to be sure I'm doing it right. Keep in mind, there isn't sticky adhesive on the back. All up and down the strip though there is a grippy rubber substance (not liquid, being super clear here). It has just enough length to reach, wish there was at least 3 more inches but I'm not complaining. So then i test it. I BARELY feel the cables! So comfortable! This is...
The authorised South African distributor of this product is under no obligation to honour the manufacture's guarantees/warranties or to provide after-sales service.
Please note that this item is imported from the USA, and is designed to be used in the USA. In addition, if the unit is powered it will come with a US plug and an adapter/transformer may be required. Please click here for more information on power requirements, or check with us if you are unsure or need any assistance!
Please also note that certain items cannot be imported, these include Alcohol, Animals, Batteries, Flammable Materials, Currency, Food, Furs, Chemicals, Explosives, Medications, Plants, Seeds, Supplements, Pressurized Cans, Tactical Equipment, Vitamins, Weaponry and Weaponry Accessories. In these cases, the item and information is displayed for reference purposes only. If you are not sure if we are permitted to bring an item, please send us an e-mail with a link to the item to confirm.
Please also ensure that you are ordering the correct item for your particular application as returns to the USA are costly. Product reviews are also provided for most of our items, which can give you a good idea for possible things to look out for and the quality of the item. By clicking Add to Cart, you are confirming that the item is correct and you accept the conditions listed here.