I bought these mugs to replace my husband's double-walled ceramic mug, whose rim had chipped.
1. I love that I can put these in the dishwasher instead of hand-washing them. They also haven't stained like our previous mug, which did have to be hand-washed.
2. Lids stay put and don't leak.
3. Attractive but bland patterns and earth-tone colors are fine for anyone.
1. The silicone "sleeves" are annoying to deal with. They're ribbed inside so they stay in place, but this means you have to work them on and off the mug; they don't just slip on and off. The sleeves are also necessary to keep your hand from burning if you like your coffee/tea hot.
2. Sleeves and lid are not dishwasher-safe so must be hand-washed. The crease where the drinking spout is located can collect food debris if left in the sink with other dishes, and it's difficult to thoroughly clean.
These things are great. Haven't had any problems with the lids leaking with hot or cooled drinks, nor was there any silicone smell though I was expecting both issues. The sleeve definitely helps when handling hot cups. Only problem I have, is that the sleeve and the lid are not dishwasher save and must be hand washed, but that's a minor drawback.
Great mugs! I wanted this type of mug with a silicone lid because other travel mugs seem to be too hard to clean. The caps all have sliding parts and seals that can trap liquid and I never feel like they get clean enough. These silicone lids are simple and very easy to clean. The directions say that only the mugs are dishwasher safe but I put the lids in as well on the top rack and have had no problems! I love the larger size of this set and for the price you can't beat it! After I got these and used them for a week I ordered another set. These are nice ceramic travel mugs!
The authorised South African distributor of this product is under no obligation to honour the manufacture's guarantees/warranties or to provide after-sales service.
Please note that this item is imported from the USA, and is designed to be used in the USA. In addition, if the unit is powered it will come with a US plug and an adapter/transformer may be required. Please click here for more information on power requirements, or check with us if you are unsure or need any assistance!
Please also note that certain items cannot be imported, these include Alcohol, Animals, Batteries, Flammable Materials, Currency, Food, Furs, Chemicals, Explosives, Medications, Plants, Seeds, Supplements, Pressurized Cans, Tactical Equipment, Vitamins, Weaponry and Weaponry Accessories. In these cases, the item and information is displayed for reference purposes only. If you are not sure if we are permitted to bring an item, please send us an e-mail with a link to the item to confirm.
Please also ensure that you are ordering the correct item for your particular application as returns to the USA are costly. Product reviews are also provided for most of our items, which can give you a good idea for possible things to look out for and the quality of the item. By clicking Add to Cart, you are confirming that the item is correct and you accept the conditions listed here.